All honorably discharged veterans receive a free grave space at our cemetery or an allowance towards other memorialization for families choosing cremation. We have the only Veterans Field of Honor in St. Charles County located at St. Charles Memorial Gardens dedicated solely to veterans and their families. The Field of Honor Garden is beautifully marked by its main feature, a bronze eagle atop a granite column seated on a five-pointed star. At each star point is an emblem for each of our country’s branches of service.
When a veteran is interred at St. Charles Memorial Gardens, his/her name is added to our Veteran’s Honor Roll located at the entrance to The Field of Honor. Please call or email us for more information on our Veterans Benefit Programs.
All veterans, their spouses, and minor children are entitled to receive benefits at no cost from the government. Such benefits can include:
• Burial plot in a national cemetery
• Government Issue Graveliner (A reimbursement is available from the Veterans Administration if a protective vault from the funeral home is chosen)
• Opening and closing of grave
• Memorial marker
• United States flag
• In certain circumstances a burial allowance is available for service related injuries.
• If death is inside a VA Hospital or Nursing Home some transportation expenses can be reimbursed.
• Military Honors arranged through the Missouri Military Honors Program
We are always happy to arrange for veteran honors and benefits. You can find out more about veterans benefits at www.va.gov.
We also host the St. Louis area’s 2nd largest Memorial Remembrance Service on Memorial Day Weekend that pays honor and tribute to area veterans. It includes a roll call to the departed, special music, and is conducted by the Memorial Services Committee of Missouri. Contact us to learn more about this and other St. Charles County community events.