As September 10th , otherwise known as World Suicide Prevention Day approaches it is our goal to spread awareness about suicide and how to prevent it from occurring. Baue Funeral Homes, Crematory, and Cemetery will be holding the Shine the Light candle lighting event at the Baue Community Center located at 608 Jefferson Street, St. Charles, MO 63301 at 7pm to spread awareness, and prevention information. To show our support for suicide prevention the survivors of suicide, and to remember a lost loved one we will hold a candle lighting at 8pm.
8 Statistics of Suicide:
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death overall in the State of Missouri. Missouri ranks #18 in suicide death rates.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among 15-24 year olds,
- 4th leading cause of death among 35-54 year olds, and
- 8th leading cause of death among 55-64 year olds.
- One person dies by suicide every 9 hours.
- Three times as many die by suicide in MO than by homicide.
- For every suicide, there are at least 6 survivors affected by their death.
- 4 times more men than women die by suicide; but 3 times more women attempt suicide.
To register for our complimentary event, please contact us at 636-946-4042 or register online at Baue.com. Should you be unable to attend, we encourage you to light a candle at 8pm on September 10 in honor of World Suicide Prevention Day.